This is kind of a different post, but I've been thinking the past few days about being married. It seems like all you ever hear about lately is one broken marriage after another. It makes me wonder what those people were thinking, what could have been so bad, why can't they just work stuff out? But more than anything though it makes me admit to the fact that I probably take my marriage and my husband for granted more than I should. Obviously none of us have perfect marriages, and none of us are perfect people. . . but what can we do to show our spouses that we are grateful for them? Here's some things I've been thinking about, what do you think, what else can we do?
- Say thank you more often when he does the dishes, vacuums and cleans our entire bathrom from top to bottom
- Quit bugging him about how he should do his hair (ha)
- Stop to think before I say things that I'm joking about, because sometimes it can be offensive
- Be more patient with him and not try to coerce him into doing his school projects when all he really wants to do is ride his bike or relax for a while
- Continue to get ready, dress cute and look pretty for him (I haven't "let myself go" or anything, but for some reason I just don't care as much now that I'm married, which is bad!)
- Be slow to get upset but get over things fast
- Continue to tell him that I love him often
Those are just a few things that I could think of off the top of my head, I'm interested to know what others think, or what works for you. And even if you aren't married, still feel free to give suggestions!