Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Quick Update

It's been, and will be quite the week. Best news of all though, we have a brand new niece!! Jared's brother Blake and his wife Sheena are now parents to a cute little girl named Hannah Claire, who was born this past Sunday afternoon. We are so excited for them, although somewhat bummed for ourselves because we haven't seen her yet and we don't know when we'll be able to make it up to Seattle to visit! They are going to be the best parents in the world and we can't wait to get to know that little angel. On Monday, Jared was able to get quite a bit of feedback from different studios that he has been in contact with. He has an interview Friday morning with a company called SRAM, they are a company that makes bike parts like brakes and cranks (I don't even know what a crank is, I've just heard Jared toss the term around and I'm assuming they make those, ha!) and other cool parts that I don't know about! Anyway, their marketing team is based in Colorado Springs, which seems like a fun place to live, and we'd take it over NYC or some other big cities, so keep him in your prayers! He is also in contact with a bigger design company that has offices in NYC, Chicago and Minneapolis. A guy who went through Jared's same program a couple years ago works for them in NYC, so he is helping Jared get his foot in the door. They've been looking through his website the past couple of days, so hopefully he gets an email from their hiring team this week, we will keep our fingers crossed! I'm doing well, just working and trying to get ready for this up coming semester. Right now the plan is for me to stay in Provo for at least fall semester regardless of whether or not Jared gets a job elsewhere. We'd save a ton of money on tuition and I actually make really good money teaching on campus, so we think it might be the best option financially for us, but we'll see if we change our minds if the distance actually becomes reality. I got assigned to teach a math course that students have to take if they are in the elementary education program. I think it should be pretty fun! It covers very basic topics, like operations on multidigit numbers, integers, polygons etc. but it goes into alot more detail with each topic. Luckily our department has already created a curriculum for the course, so I won't have to develop my own lesson plans and worksheets from scratch, but I'll be spending quite a bit of time in the next few weeks preparing for to teach it though. A few weeks ago a good friend of mine named Melissa visited Provo and we were able to get together one of our old roommates Kira for dinner. Melis has been in DC the past few years teaching and has made the move out to California to teach out there. She stopped by on her way through and it was great to get together and reminisce about the good ol' Branbury days! This weekend we are going to help my sister and her family move back down to STG. We are sad they are leaving us, but its a good move for their family. Whit is going to be doing the nursing program at Dixie State, so that will be great for her. It's going to be hotter than crap down there, but we are going to stay a few extra days so we can hang out and take a break from job hunting and working. It's been a stressful summer and we are both sick of it! :) I stole these pics from both Sheena's and Melissa's blogs, but I wanted to post them myself too!


Little Hannah


Kira, Melissa and I

Haha, I compared this picture of the three of us to some that we have from when we all lived together and I look so different! These other two ladies are still as gorgeous as ever (although Kira has a little more grey now, I love her grey hair, it's tight!!), but I've grown up alot in the past four years, I don't even look the same anymore!

No comments: