The past couple of weeks have been a bit crazy for Jared and I. As the semester is coming closer to the end, Jared's school has gotten extremely busy, and I've been getting more antsy to get done with my student teaching. As much as I love teaching, and my students, I'm still looking forward to being done with it. I haven't anticipated a Thanksgiving break as much as this year!! Jared has been designing some pretty cool stuff. He's in the process of creating a website where he'll post his portfolio, so when he gets it finished we'll let everybody know. Other items of importance that have happened
- I chopped off a couple of inches of my hair (sorry no pictures yet) I haven't had it this short since high school, but now that I'm used to it, I really like it.
- Jared bought his very first pair of VANS the other day, it is truly a miracle!!! :)
- Some of my kids in Geometry class figured out my first name, and now think it's the funniest thing in the world to call me "Ms. Stacie" outside the classroom
- I played in a Faculty vs. Students flag football game yesterday at school yesterday and I totally juked some of the 9th grade boys so now they think I'm cool
- I beat some kids in a friendly game of Horse the other day after school, so I'm know known as a "Baller" with the boys basketball team
- Jared's birthday is coming up on Tuesday, so I went shopping and got him a pair of jeans, a shirt and a tie. . . I'm really lame and couldn't wait to give it to him so I already let him have it even though the big day isn't till next week!
- I'm playing intramural volleyball with some other couples in our ward (Jared was lame and decided he didn't want to play with us!) its been really fun so far, we're playing in the tournament now and it's going well!
- I got called into the Relief Society presidency in our ward a couple of weeks ago. It was a little overwhelming at first because I felt like I didn't know anybody, but it's really been fun and I've liked getting to know more people.
- Jared has been checking the weather religiously the past week (like seriously 10 times a day!) and he loves to tell me about some mountain in Washington that "Already has 4 feet of snow!!!!!!!" (I honestly don't care all that much about snow, in fact I actually hate it, so it's funny to me that he still has to give me the weather update every half hour!)
Anyway, I've been having flashbacks to high school basketball days since the college basketball season has started and I've been watching lots of games. I decided to pull out some of my old high school pictures, and here are a few of the good ones I have. . . Ha, we were so tiny! Most of us are married now, and a few already have kids. It's crazy to think how much has changed since we were at good ol' PV
We were definitely a goofy group!!
Our varsity team, I was #5
I have huge hands, but it's still freakin hard to palm two balls at the same time!
Playin some D
At a tournament in Arizona
Haha, that's my game face!
We always went on a team hike at Zion National Park every year
Oh man good times with all my girls! Sometimes I wish I could go back for like a week, ha I probably couldn't handle all the drama much longer then that! It's crazy how basketball consumed my life during high school, but I really wouldn't trade it for anything. The things I've learned from playing on a team has made me such a better person.
(Haha, I'm going back through these pictures and I was seriously so HUGE in high school. . . I've probably lost 20 pounds since I graduated, and now I have no muscle and I'm a wimp!)