Sunday, September 27, 2009

Photoshop. . .

So I'll be honest, I think photoshop is a pretty sweet little program. And I'll admit that I use it quite a bit because I just like fiddling with all the cool gadgets on there. Well this afternoon I came across this video (there is a link you can click on the word "video") and it actually made me a little sick. If you don't want to take the time to watch it, here's the reader's digest version. . . Nothing you see in a magazine or on a billboard is real. I'd heard of it all before, how pictures of models are all airbrushed and how they can take off extra pounds and whatnot, but I'd never seen it in action before until today. It seriously makes me so sad how people (especially women) compare themselves to something fake and will literally kill themselves to try and look like the things (I can't even call them models because they are so fake) in the magazines and in movies. . .

Well being the photoshopper that I am, I decided to see what I could do some pictures

Before
By the way, my nephew
is the cutest kid ever!!

After

Hmm. . . lost about 10 pounds
Got a nice nose job
Cheek implants as well
and I have smooth skin


Before

After
About the same as above


Before

After
It's amazing how loosing
some pounds makes you look
a whole lot taller as well

Haha, poor Jared thought I was having self esteem problems when he saw what I was doing on photoshop, and I'd be lying if I said the "Before" shot Stacie looks better then the "After" shot Stacie, but I could honestly care less about trying to be something I'm not. Yeah I'm just like every other girl who wishes they could change something about themselves (I happen to be cursed with a German nose from my mom's side of the family!) but it's not worth it to me to constantly compare myself to other people. If I am on a downer, I like to remind myself about the things I like about my appearance. . . green eyes, long dark eyelashes (which means I get away without mascara whoot!), somewhat straight teeth, dark hair, a proportional body etc.

I don't know what this post is really about, but I just hope people can be confident in their own skin, and not feel like they aren't good enough, pretty enough, skinny enough, buff enough and the list goes on and on. Everyone has something special to offer and the more we try to mold ourselves into perfection, the quicker we will loose sight of that special part of us.

2 comments:

Momma G. said...

That is so well said Stacie! If you get the chance, there is a great book out there written by Jeffrey Holland and Susan Tanner called "Modesty, Makeovers, and the Pursuit of Physical Beauty". If you can get your hands on it, it is such a great book that only emphasizes more of just what you said! We love you just the way you are, beautiful inside and out!!!
Mom Gibbons

sasha said...

i loooooooooove photoshop.

but YOU don't need to photoshop your pictures.

photoshop was made for people like ME.